The Museum / Departments

Armenian Painting Department

The Department has existed since 1921, first as a sector of the Armenian Fine Arts Department then as a part of the Painting department. Since 2004 it has functioned independently. The Department collections house over 7000 exhibits including copies of ancient and medieval murals and documentary miniatures, 17th-19th century church pictures, and works of the New and Modern periods. The exposition of the 700 samples of Armenian painting occupies twenty-nine gallery halls.

There are 4 members of the staff.

Head of the Department: Haykush Sahakyan