The Museum / Departments

Foreign Countries Painting Department

This department was established in 1921 when the first works of European and Russian painters were acquired by the Department of Art (then known as the State Museum of Armenia). By the end of 1960’s it was made part of the Department of Russian and European Fine Arts. Since the separation of Armenian painting from the Department in 2004, it has had its present name. The Department holds a collection of over 1150 exhibits. Almost 170 canvases, representing the painting of Western and Eastern European states and the USA, are displayed in the seven halls of the seventh floor. Around 230 paintings from the Russian collection are exhibited in eight halls of the museum.

There are 2 members of the staff.

Head of the Department: Irina Baghdamyan.