The Museum / Departments

Sculpture Department

 

The Department was established in 1968 when the former departments of Armenian, Russian and Western European Fine Arts were liquidated and new research departments were set up in accordance with the variety of the material. The Department personnel study around 1200 objects in the sculpture collection, representing works of Armenian and foreign sculptors. 900 of these works belong to Armenian masters. Almost all permanent exhibition halls house around 230 exhibits, while the 60 creations of the 19-20th century great Armenian sculptor Hakob Gurdjian are displayed in separate halls.

There are 2 staff  members.

Head of the Department: Mariam Davtyan