The Museum / Departments

Collection Documentation and Conservation Department

The department founded in 1921 along with the museum. 
It consists of two sectors: Collection documentation and Conservation.

The Collection Documentation Subsection executes all documentation regarding the registration and storage of museum objects, kept in the NGA. It ensures control over the loaning of items in and outside the museum and carries out the examination and appraisal of museum objects made of precious metals. It also controls over the copying of museum objects. The sector carries out the registration and inventory of the museum collection objects.

There are 4 members of staff in the sub-section.

Head of the sub-section: Nune Avetisyan

The Collection Conservation Sub-section carries out the display, cataloguing, conservation treatment, routine maintenance work of museum objects, and looks after their safe-keeping in the storage facilities. Sixteen curators contribute to the work connected with the conservation of museum objects depending on their type: painting, graphic art, engraving, sculpture, various branches of decorative-applied art (textiles, glassworks, porcelain, ceramics, precious metals, etc.).

 Head of the Sub-section: Gayane Margaryan